In the beginning,
the learning theories I exposed to as a child and a young adult was cognitivism,
constructivism and behaviorism. My
cognitivism learning consists of memorization and being able to obtain
information. The use of visual aids and hands on allowed for a constructivism
theory of learning. Even before starting
kindergarten there were certain things I expected to do such as be able to tie
my shoes, toilet trained, be obedient to the instructor and all other adults of
authority that brings behaviorism into play.
My time in this class has played an important role on how learning
affects my brain. With the use of connectivism,
I am able to go to any search engine and research the materials I need for a
clear understanding of the data.
While
learning the various theories and learning styles in this class it has enable
me to broaden the scope of my learning to connectivism, blogging, brain
processes, and social constructivism. Social
constructivism has expanded with the readings of Vygotsky’s and other theorists
that address the needs of “group learning and peer collaboration” (Laureate Education, Inc., n.d.) .
I have
learned through social networks on how to post a blog, retrieve RSS feeds, and
make comments to someone’s blog. With
the use of FaceBook, and Goggle+ I am able to communicate with friends and
family, I can go to any search engine such as Yahoo, Goggle etc. and type in
the information I am looking for and get millions of results. It can become mind boggling with so much information
to observe, however, with the use of various filters help to alleviate this
issue.
With the
use of connectivity I am able to submit information on
my blogs and Goggle+ for others to see and collaborate. I have RSS feeds that come to my blog as well
as my email address. My Facebook page is
for family and friends; however, I do welcome anyone to visit my personal and
business page. I am able to create video
and audio recordings. With the use of
Yahoo and Goggle search engines, I can look up any information needed such as recipes,
the news, and research for my classes.
References
Laureate Education, Inc. (n.d.). Socially Mediated
Learning. In Learning Theories and Instruction. Retrieved from
Retrieved from Walden EDUC 6-105.
No comments:
Post a Comment